London (remote and OSC office)
About Old Street Communications
Old Street Communications is a new PR and marketing consultancy for fast growing tech companies. We grow the reputation of startups to help them fulfil their business aims – whether it’s raising new capital, winning customers, driving expansion or all of the above.
Support can range from creating a PR or marketing strategy from scratch to augmenting or fulfilling existing campaigns.
We have a particular speciality and experience in start ups that work within data, fintech, enterprise software, proptech and marketing technology.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented PR executive/manager with two or more years of experience working in an agency. If you’re successful, you’ll join a new and fast-growing consultancy and, as a result, you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop your professional skills, earn a range of financial rewards, and help direct the growth of OSC.
This is the perfect role for someone who can work independently, is keen to climb the career ladder quickly and is driven to go far beyond the day-to-day of PR agency client management.
Knowledge and experience of the UK’s tech industry is essential as you’ll be working with cutting-edge companies in blockchain, Open Banking and regulation tech.
Title, pay and benefits are all up for negotiation. What you need to bring is a strong media relations track record, excellent copywriting skills, attention to detail and creativity.
- At least two years’ experience in a PR agency – a tech-focused agency would be a significant advantage
- Track record of securing coverage in a range of trade verticals and national publications
- Solid network of journalist contacts
- Knowledge of the UK tech industry – including latest trends, relevant organisations and businesses, and processes such as fundraising
- Exceptional copywriting skills – the ability to create a synopsis, pitch, write and incorporate amendments without significant management
- Knowledge of creative content marketing – understand social media platforms and audience profiles. If you have direct experience delivering a creative content marketing campaign, alongside PR experience – you’ll go to the front of the queue
- Fearless pitching – ability to pick up the phone and pitch a story without needing a stiff drink
- Independent and hardworking – you won’t be micromanaged in this role, you’ll be expected to manage your own day and, in some cases, develop your own campaign strands to keep up momentum on accounts
- Client relations – ability to communicate in a sensible, honest and confident way with senior stakeholders
- Training and management – we will aim to build a team around you, so some experience training and managing an executive fresh from university will be a plus
- Manage day-to-day campaigns on three client accounts – including executing media relations campaigns and supporting creative content campaigns
- Grow existing accounts – identify and secure opportunities to expand our remit with existing clients
- New business – everything from identifying targets to pitching new business opportunities
- Process development – help us create the business processes necessary to onboard and train new staff, improve client relations and services, and generally improve the operation of OSC
- Management – you’ll help us to recruit and train an executive who you will then manage and develop
- Website and social – manage and develop OSC’s online presence to support recruitment and new business
The above is a snapshot of the core responsibilities, if you want to take charge of other areas or develop new skills, we’re more than happy to help make it a reality.
Getting the job
If this sounds like the role you want, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this role will involve a lot of copywriting, so please do ensure that any material you send across is free from typos and showcases your expertise. We’ll endeavour to respond to every applicant (with constructive feedback if you’re unsuccessful).
If you have the skills on paper, we’ll have a chat over the phone ahead of a final interview. We hope to hire in a month, but we will make an exception if you’re a quality candidate with a longer notice period.